Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rhinelander {2012}

Every year in July we spend a week in Rhinelander, WI with my family. We've done this every July for as long as I can remember. Some of my fondest memories are from our Up North vacations. This year was no different. I was a bit nervous about how Gray was going to do, especially because he had just been so sick but he did AWESOME. Both my boys did.

We ended up leaving a day later than we had initially planned, due to Grayson not feeling well. I was worried about how he would do in the car for so long (it's a four hour drive so not super long but he had never been in the car for more than an hour). We thought the best thing to do would be to leave at nap time so that he would sleep for majority of the ride and it worked. He slept for half of the car ride. When he was awake, he was completely content watching Elmo on the DVD player. Aidan always does well in the car. In fact, I don't think he even asked the dreaded "are we there yet?"

We spent our days swimming, boating, fishing, tubing, eating, drinking, reading, resting, playing games, going for walks. You get the picture. This year we lucked out, the weather was fantastic. It only rained one day so we were able to spend majority of our time outside, which is how it should be. We also had many firsts. Aidan jumped off the end of the pier for the first time.  He went tubing for the first time. He got to drive the jet ski (with Tommy) and do "360s." Grayson had his first long car ride. He floated in the lake for the first time. Went on his first boat ride. He also took his first steps and my guess is within the next week or so we will have a little walker on our hands. We saw otters swimming in the lake for the first time.  I was able to finish both books I brought up to read. Another first, which goes to show how wonderful the boys did. I can rarely read a chapter at home, much less two books from start to finish. Tommy bought three pounds (yes, pounds!!) of taffy from the candy store, which was another first. We had such a wonderful time but are glad to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs