Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Summer Bucket List

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about summer. I can't decide if I'm thinking about it because I'm excited or nervous or both. Tommy is coaching and playing baseball, which I think I've already said, but I'm nervous about the time that we will be able to spend together as a family. I find myself saying things like ohhhhhh it would be so fun to go camping with Aidan this summer. Or we should go to Madison to the farmers market. And then reality hits. Wait. Tommy won't be around. The dilemma is, should I let this interfere with what we would have normally done? I think not.

A friend of mine recently posted a summer bucket list. Because I love making lists, it is only natural that I would make a list of fun things for us to do this summer, especially because its been weighing so heavily on my mind. The list includes things I want to do with my boys but also things that I am looking forward to doing. Plus, my little space here is the perfect avenue to share our plans and hold us accountable. I figure if we accomplish half of the items on this list, we will be in great shape! Here is what I've come up with so far...
  1. Go to the Farmer's Market in Madison
  2. Brewers Games 
  3. Camping with Aidan (even if it's only in our backyard)
  4. Fishing
  5. Trips to the zoo
  6. Bike Rides
  7. Travel Up North
  8. Boat Rides
  9. Fireworks
  10. Enroll Aidan in T-ball and soccer
  11. Watch Tommy's games
  12. Go to the beach...build a sandcastle
  13. Take family pictures (scheduled...June 2nd! YAY)
  14. Host a book drive 
  15. Go on a picnic 
  16. See a parade
  17. Watch fireworks
  18. Go to a fair
  19. Attend Jazz in the Park
  20. Participate in a 5K
  21. Catch a sunrise
  22. Run through the sprinkler
  23. Learn to golf
I hope to add to this list as the summer goes on. I'm looking forward to all the possibilities! What are your plans for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs