Wednesday, May 2, 2012

One of those days

Ever have one of those days where you wake up and everything goes wrong and all you want to do is crawl back into bed and start over? Yeah. I'm having one today. Grayson was up SUPER early. As in 5:30. As tired as I was, I thought this isn't so bad, I can get up and get ready for work and be there early. I changed his diaper and brought him into our bedroom. I woke Tommy up and told him I was going to get in the shower. He looked at the clock and had the same thought I did. He wanted to get to work early. So I let him shower first. He is supposed to start work at 6:30 and I can pretty much start whenever. I thought I would hop in the shower as soon as he was finished. Except, Grayson was unhappy.  He was unhappy laying in bed with me. He was unhappy playing on the floor. He was unhappy in his exersaucer. So I knew it was going to be a rough morning. He was fussy and woke Aidan up. Then Aidan was whiny because he was still tired because "Grayson woke me up too early."

Tommy left for work and I got in the shower. Then it was one thing after another. I couldn't put Gray down to do anything. So he cried. He cried while I dried my hair. Cried while I put my make up on. Cried while I helped Aidan get his teeth brushed. Aidan was getting mad because Gray wouldn't stop crying. He was yelling at him and poking him. I couldn't find the remote to turn the television in our bedroom off. I was so frazzled. To try to stay calm I started counting out loud. It worked momentarily. At this point, we are finally ready to get out the door and it starts pouring down rain. I take Aidan outside first to get him and all of our stuff into the car. He drops his toys that he is bringing to Grandpa's house all over the deck in the pouring rain. I'm wearing heels and slip. At this point, I am crying and so is Gray. I can hear him screaming in his car seat from inside the house. So much for staying calm. Now, I'm angry and pouting. But I was just so frustrated. I picked up the toys, got Aidan in the car, and went back in for Grayson. We were pulling out of the driveway at 7:30. It took two hours to get us up and out the door. Talk about ridiculous. As soon as we were in the car, Grayson was happy and stopped crying. Go figure.

On the way to work I apologized to Aidan for being so short with him. Thinking back I was acting so childish. I wish I would have just stayed calm. I hate that I let silly things like a crying baby and an uncooperative five year old ruin my morning. I'm so bad at that though. I'm human after all but getting angry and frustrated certainly doesn't help the situation. Of course, I realize this now and not during the craziness. Perhaps that is why Grayson was so crabby. Maybe he could tell I was frustrated.  Any other mama's out there have the same experience? What do you do to stay cool and collected? I could certainly use some suggestions. From one mama to another...thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Design By Designer Blogs