Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dear Grayson {8 months}

Dear Grayson,
I feel like I just wrote your seven month letter and here we are at eight months already. I can't believe how fast the time is going. You have been a busy boy, even at night!  You still aren't sleeping through.You must miss me at night because you still want me to come and cuddle. I am now convinced that you just aren't a sleeper. Not only are you not sleeping through the night but a twenty minute nap is enough for you. I guess Aidan got the sleeping gene and I'm OK with that. It just gives us more time to spend together.  Here is what you have been up to:

You are now eating three meals a day. Some days it still seems like you want more. You love your fruits and most veggies. Initially, you were not a fan of peas but you have become more open to them, which is good. Daddy and Aidan love their peas so it's only fitting you enjoy them too.  Mama thinks they are gross. Even though I think peas are gross, I want to expose you to as many different tastes as I can so that hopefully you won't grow up to be a picky eater. You've also started eating Puffs and Cheerios. Daddy and I line them up on your high chair so that you can't put too many in your mouth at once and you have figured out how to go down the line, scoop them all up and eat them all. You are one smart little boy.

You shoving Puffs in your mouth after we've lined them up for you

I think you are getting really close to being able to eat table food and if you had your way you would be done with baby food now. I think by next month you will be eating more of what we eat. You also have four teeth coming in on the top. You are a teething maniac! Everything goes in your mouth. You chew your hands constantly.

You have a "new move"...you've learned how to blow raspberries. You love to do this while eating, so food comes out of your mouth and goes EVERYWHERE. Of course, you and Aidan both think this is hilarious. The two of you are already egging each other on, which is funny and scary all at the same time.

This is you practicing your "new move"...looks fun, right?

You are constantly on the move. Even when I'm holding you, you're kicking your legs or wiggling your arms.You still aren't crawling on all fours yet; however, you can get up on all fours and rock back and forth. Any day now I expect to see you crawling. This is both exciting and nerve wracking. Daddy and I had better start baby proofing the house. You still army crawl and you have that nailed down to a science. You can move FAST now. I can't turn away even for a second because if I do, you will be into something you shouldn't be. You also have no fear and are curious about everything. It will be interesting to see if this continues as you get older.

You are still the happiest baby. You are always smiling and laughing. Even when I have a bad day, all I need to do is look at you and I feel so much better. We are so lucky to have you.

Love always,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs