Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Relish

New year. New start. Right?
Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about "letting go" and just letting things BE. For those of you who know me (and for those of you who don't), you know this is going to be incredibly difficult for me. I am a planner. A "do-er" not a "sitter"...I can't sit still unless everything is done and in its place. I really want that to change though. I really want to be able to just take a break and enjoy the little things. I want to stop focusing on things that in the long run don't really matter.  I read this post and it got me thinking about my word for 2012. If I had to choose one word to describe what I want to focus on for 2012 it would RELISH. 


I want to enjoy my husband and kiddos and stop constantly trying to pick up after them. I want to play "Army guys" with Aidan instead of insisting on cleaning the kitchen instead.  I want to snuggle with Gray because before I know it he will be crawling and walking. I fear if I don't cherish these moments now, they will be gone and I will never be able to get them back.  I want to take pleasure in just sitting and reading a book without constantly thinking about my to-do list. I want to appreciate the moments I'm able to get away with friends instead of thinking about what I could be doing at home. I want to RELISH  in all the moments of my life.

What is your word for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I must say January is almost done but I like this post it made me stop and think about what I would like to accomplish this year. Besides the usual lose weight, save money blah blah... There are so many things I want to to work on this year so I think a good word for me would be multitask! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs