Monday, January 23, 2012

Shrimp Fra Diavolo

In my latest InstaFriday post, I have a picture of a fantastic dish that Tommy and I made for dinner one night this past week. I will post the picture again here, for your viewing pleasure! Before I give details of our delicious meal, I should probably start off with some disclaimers. For starters, I am NOT this woman...who is absolutely amazing, so if you are interested in reading a serious foodie blog, check hers out. However, what you will find here are recipes but they will probably be accompanied with some silly and ridiculous story of an almost catastrophic event because that is how we roll in our kitchen. We are no experts but we are certainly having fun trying to figure things out. Second, if you've read my journey list you know that I am trying to be more creative and adventurous in the kitchen. In order to keep myself accountable, I thought I'd share the little attempts we are making at becoming more comfortable. I promise to share even the embarrassing moments.

Back to business...the recipe. And, I will have you know this recipe went off without a hitch!
For starters...the ingredients.
You will need:

a pound of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt
crushed red pepper (CRP)
olive oil (about three tablespoons)
medium onion, sliced
1 can (14.5) oz diced tomatoes
1 cup white wine
3 garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
fresh chopped parsley
fresh chopped basil
pasta (we used whole wheat linguine)

Start off by boiling water for the pasta and cook the noodles as directed on the box.
Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the salt and CRP. We just eyeballed the salt and CRP. If  you like it spicy, add more CRP. Heat the olive oil in a skillet, then add the shrimp and saute just until the shrimp are cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the skillet and set them aside. Add the onion to the same skillet. If needed add more olive oil to the pan. Once the onions are translucent, add the can of tomatoes, wine, garlic and oregano.  Simmer until the sauce has thickened (about ten minutes). Return the shrimp to the pan, toss to coat and cook for a few more minutes. Then add the pasta to the sauce. Stir everything together and ENJOY!! Oh, don't forget to sprinkle with fresh parsley and basil.


We served our pasta with a crusty french loaf and of course wine! This recipe was relatively easy for us and is loaded with flavor. We will definitely be making again!

EnJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs